Dr. Sudy is amazinggg!! I’ve been to many other medical spas and his is by far the best in Charlotte! Everyone there is extremely nice and helpful too. Love this place! 🙂
Pre & Post Vein Treatment Instructions
BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE
- Bring a pair of loose fitting shorts with you to each visit.
- Once you receive compression hose, bring them back with you to each visit.
- Do not wear any lotion on your legs the day of treatment. You may apply moisturizer to your legs 24 hours after your treatment
- On average, each spider vein requires 2 to 4 treatments before resolution
AFTER YOUR PROCEDURE
- Expect to have minimal to mild pain, bruising and swelling for the first 24 hours after therapy.
- The veins WILL LOOK WORSE before they look better.
- There will be bruising which is normal.
- Occasionally there is a hard knot that may be tender. This is normal and will resolve.
- Occasionally there is a brownish discoloration after injections. This is transient and will fade over time.
- Occasionally there will be tenderness in the area treated. Extra strength Tylenol will help with this discomfort.
- Do not swim or use hot tub for 3 weeks after your procedure
- No airplane rides for at least 14 days after treatment.
- Do not expose treated area to the sun or tanning bed. (Can cause new vessel formation and post-operative pigment changes to last longer)
DAY 1 TO 3
- Wear prescribed compression stockings for a continuous 24 hours after procedure.
- May remove stockings, tape and cotton balls after 24 hours and take a shower. Put the stockings back on after the shower and wear night and day for an additional 48 hours.
- Take over-the-counter Tylenol per directions as needed for pain.
- Avoid Motrin and Aspirin.
- Take over-the-counter Benadryl per directions as needed for itching.
- Use ice packs for especially sore areas.
- Elevate legs for added pain relief.
- Resume normal diet and medications.
- Resume normal daily activities, except you should avoid strenuous activities such as high impact aerobics, running, or weightlifting.
- Walk at least 1 hour per day.
- No hot baths or hot tubs. Shower with your stockings or take a sponge bath.
DAY 4 TO 7
- Wear compression stockings during day hours for next 4 days (put on in the morning and take off before going to bed).
- Use a triple antibiotic ointment per package instructions on any ulcers or tape blisters.
- You may shower with stockings off, but continue to avoid hot baths and hot tubs.
- Resume normal athletic activities as tolerated.