BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE
- Bring a pair of loose fitting shorts with you to each visit.
- Once you receive compression hose, bring them back with you to each visit.
- Do not wear any lotion on your legs the day of treatment. You may apply moisturizer to your legs 24 hours after your treatment
- On average, each spider vein requires 2 to 4 treatments before resolution
AFTER YOUR PROCEDURE
- Expect to have minimal to mild pain, bruising and swelling for the first 24 hours after therapy.
- The veins WILL LOOK WORSE before they look better.
- There will be bruising which is normal.
- Occasionally there is a hard knot that may be tender. This is normal and will resolve.
- Occasionally there is a brownish discoloration after injections. This is transient and will fade over time.
- Occasionally there will be tenderness in the area treated. Extra strength Tylenol will help with this discomfort.
- Do not swim or use hot tub for 3 weeks after your procedure
- No airplane rides for at least 14 days after treatment.
- Do not expose treated area to the sun or tanning bed. (Can cause new vessel formation and post-operative pigment changes to last longer)
“Dr. Sudy and his staff made me feel every comfortable getting first time services! He listens, explains each process, and realistic results. The staff is warm and inviting. We are off a great start!”
DAY 1 TO 3
- Wear prescribed compression stockings for a continuous 24 hours after procedure.
- May remove stockings, tape and cotton balls after 24 hours and take a shower. Put the stockings back on after the shower and wear night and day for an additional 48 hours.
- Take over-the-counter Tylenol per directions as needed for pain.
- Avoid Motrin and Aspirin.
- Take over-the-counter Benadryl per directions as needed for itching.
- Use ice packs for especially sore areas.
- Elevate legs for added pain relief.
- Resume normal diet and medications.
- Resume normal daily activities, except you should avoid strenuous activities such as high impact aerobics, running, or weightlifting.
- Walk at least 1 hour per day.
- No hot baths or hot tubs. Shower with your stockings or take a sponge bath.
DAY 4 TO 7
- Wear compression stockings during day hours for next 4 days (put on in the morning and take off before going to bed).
- Use a triple antibiotic ointment per package instructions on any ulcers or tape blisters.
- You may shower with stockings off, but continue to avoid hot baths and hot tubs.
- Resume normal athletic activities as tolerated.